Riding on my buckwheat wave I made my second batch within a week! This time I must say I liked it even better than the first one… if you try them both, let me know which one you prefer… but this time the sweet of the dried currents and the bite of the almond flakes make eating this light salad even more fun! The greatest thing is not only that all ingredients boast of health and flavour, but also that if you have the buckwheat ready prepared this meal is made upso fast, you don’t even need 10min, promised!
What you need:
- 1 cup of buckwheat (I like to do this in the morning when I get my morning wheat grass to start the day)
- Water for soaking
- Half of a pepper (I think in this one the orange is perfect in the color mix)
- A chunk of red cabbage
- A small bowl of green peas
- Half of a feta cheese (I like sheep or goat as I try to reduce cow milk as much as I can)
- 1 spring onion
- A handful of dried currants
- A handful of almond flakes
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt & pepper (freshly ground)
What to do:
Put the buchkwheat in a bowl and cover it with water, let it soak for 2hours or a bit more. Drain the rest of the water. Chop the vegetables and feta cheese. Mix with the buckwheat, add currents and almond flakes. Dress with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, season to taste with sea salt and fresh pepper.